Despite her small stature and young appearance, the Tamer has endured difficult trials and gained a wealth of experience in overcoming adversity. Accompanied by her faithful companion, the Heilang, she leaps into battle, punishing foes with deft bladework and harmonious coordination with the Heilang.
The force of her attacks is impressive to behold, as she knocks larger opponents to the ground with kicks, and the force of her sword.
Below you can find a list of Tamer’s notable skills.
Call the Heilang forth to fight at your side.
- Must be registered to a Quick Slot for Use.
- At higher ranks, you will be able to ride your Heilang into battle. Sprinting on the Heilang consumes stamina and should you run out of mana, you will be dismounted. Auto Pathing is not available while riding the Heilang.
- This skill has a maximum of 11 ranks, with a cumulative cost of 57 skill points to max out all ranks.
Grab your enemy and send them flying with a kick.
- Activate by pressing E.
- Recovers MP(EP) and can inflict the Floating condition.
- This skill has a maximum of 3 ranks, with a cumulative cost of 14 skill points to max out all ranks.
Stun enemies by expelling a burst of energy during Leaf Slash.
- Activate by pressing Shift + LMB.
- Recovers MP(EP) and can both spin targets to face away from you and apply a Stun. (PvE only)
- This skill has a maximum of 4 ranks, with a cumulative cost of 50 skill points to max out all ranks.
Perform Bolt Wave faster.
- No activation, as it is a passive applied to Bolt Wave.
- This skill has 1 rank, at a cost of 10 skill points.
- Combos Into:
Unleash a second burst of Heilang’s energy, after Bolt Wave.
- Activate by pressing Shift + LMB after Bolt Wave.
- Restores MP(EP) and can knock down enemies.
- This skill has a maximum of 3 ranks, with a cumulative cost of 53 skill points to max out all ranks.
Use the power of the Heilang to create a thundering sphere around yourself.
- Activate by pressing Shift + Q.
- Recovers HP and applies Forward Guard.
- Can pull targets and decrease their attack speed.
- This skill has a maximum of 4 ranks, with a cumulative cost of 57 skill points to max out all ranks.
Use the Heilang’s energy to send out explosive shockwaves.
- Activate by pressing Shift + F.
- Recovers HP and applies Forward Guard.
- Can decrease opponent accuracy and movement speed, as well as knock them back.
- This skill has a maximum of 6 ranks, with a cumulative cost of 114 skill points to max out all ranks.
Tamer’s attack range has expanded with the use of the Celestial Bo Staff, inflicting critical damage. Shower the battlefield with even more destructive attacks by teaming up with Heilang.
Below are some of the core skills of the Tamer Awakening.
Embrace the energy of White Tiger, Azure Dragon, Black Turtle, and Vermillion Bird to unleash a powerful attack in four directions. With the help of Heilang, each direction will have a different martial arts style.
Damage all enemies around the Tamer, immobilizing them by using the force of the wind. It can also launch the enemy up in the air with Heilang’s powerful attack.
Jump high using the Celestial Bo Staff, and perform a down smash. If you learn certain skills, you can use this skill as a quick movement skill by jumping up using the bo staff and approaching faraway enemies as you land.
Engage an enemy within close range to perform a surprise attack. You will not be pushed back or fall down while moving with Moonlight Strike.
Heilang goes into an awakening mode for a minute where it takes no damage. After the awakening mode, Heilang will automatically disappear.
At the farthest point of the Orient is a huge island, full of ferocious beasts. A woman, with a newborn in her arms, found herself upon this island, named Haemo, which was almost untouched by human civilization. She was severely injured, and died while attempting to traverse the forest, leaving the infant alone and defenseless. A beast passing by approached the baby out of curiosity and decided to take care of it. As time passed, the beast grew attached to the infant’s purity of heart, and raised her alongside its own cubs.
As the baby grew into girlhood, the sage of Haemo Island, Hwisa, returned with his Legendary Beast, Heilang. Hwisa had been journeying to find a successor, but returned when it became clear that no one was suited for the task. Intrigued by the little girl, who had been raised by a wild beast, Hwisa decided to take her on as his pupil.
She was not intimidated by the fearsome appearance of the Heilang, due to her childhood amongst wild beasts, and absorbed her master’s teachings naturally.
As she transitioned from a life among beasts, to one among humans, the girl began to question her background and true identity. Though no one had an answer, there was one clue; a woman that had come to Haemo Island with a newborn in her arms. With this single insight into who she was, the little girl decided to step into civilization without her master’s knowledge or guidance. It took several years for the girl to realize her identity, and the news was far from pleasing. She found herself caught in the turmoil of an exhausting civil war, where a revolt had eradicated the entire royal family. One of the royal handmaidens was able to escape the palace with the youngest princess, and made her way to Haemo Island, an area restricted to travelers.
After learning the truth, the girl decided to return to Haemo island only to find it war torn and ravaged. Her investigation into her past and the truth of her identity must have been detected by a higher power. Hwisa, her mentor, was dead and she grieved his demise deeply, holding a funeral to honor his memory. It would be impossible for her to continue living in this country, so she made ready to leave, placing her most prized possession, the “Celestial Bo Staff”, on her master’s grave.
As she was leaving the foothills, a fluffy, dark shadow appeared in front of her. The shadow turned out to be one of the late mother Heilang’s cubs, and though it was frail, she decided to take it with her on her journey so that she would not be alone.
“The power to shake the heavens shall follow the true master of Heilang.”
The duo headed West, enduring hardship along the way. The little girl had to confront the Black Energy, which had been at the heart of the civil war responsible for the death of her family and beloved teacher. After coming close to her death on several occasions, the girl recalled what Hwisa told her when she was much younger: