Quests are an essential part of the game. Quests are designed to take you around the world at a comfortable pace, and also reward you for the time and effort you put into them.
▲ You can open the quest window by pressing the shortcut key <O>.
- Quest tabs
- Sort by classification (by Types or Area)
- Example of a quest chain
- Type of quest (explained in Quest Type section below)
- Name of quest
- Show in quest tracker
- Forfeit, Navigate and Move To options
- These icons help you know which quests you can receive from NPCs (All, Combat, Life Skills, Fishing, Exploration/Trade or Other)
- Quest full summary
- Default quest rewards
- Optional quest reward
Quest markers will also appear on the World Map with a short description of the quest.
▲ Right clicking the blue circles will auto path to the area.
As you complete aspects of a quest you will be notified with text at the top of your screen, for example 1/30 Weasels defeated. Some quests will have multiple objectives, as you complete them you will receive a message "Partial Objective Completed", keep in mind that the map marker for a specific objective does not always disappear when you partially complete a quest.
There are several ways to obtain quests: NPCs, Black Spirit, and Guild Quests. All quests will show in your quest log, unless you have a specific filter selected. Make sure to have all quest filters disabled when trying to pick up new quests, as some NPCs will not offer quests of the type you have filtered.
There are seven types of quests in Black Desert:
* The contents of this wiki are subject to change depending on updates and content changes.