At level 57, it can seem quite daunting to reach 58 or higher, however, there is an item you can use to help ease your leveling experience: Marni’s Stones. These stones are one of many creations the strange and mysterious mad scientist Marni has left behind. Purchase a stone for a specific type of monster, and once you have killed the required number of them, you can turn in the stone for even more experience.
Marni’s Stones can be purchased from the vendor Wacky Toshi, who shows up in many different locations across the world. He sells two tiers of each Marni stone, which have different requirements for the number of kills necessary to fill them, and different prices based on the tier.
You can find Wacky Toshi in many different locations. Not only does he appear next to specific Node Managers, but he can be found in some major cities as well. Sand Grain Bazaar, Old Wisdom Tree, Valencia City, Shakatu and Ibellab Oasis are his main locations, however, he can be found elsewhere, as well. If you ever have difficulty finding Wack Toshi, you can use the NPC search function to locate him. This tool is indicated by a magnifying glass to the left of your minimap.
Marni’s Stones are available for the following creatures:
- Bashims - Located at Bashim Base.
- Cadry Monsters - Located at Cadry Ruins.
- Desert Naga - Located at Desert Naga Temple.
- Desert Fogans - Located at Titium Valley.
- Gahaz Bandits - Located at Gahaz Bandit’s Lair.
- Argos Saunils - Located at Crescent Shrine.
- Basilisks - Located at Basilisk Den.
- Centaurus - Located at Taphtar Plain.
- Sulfur Mine Monsters - Located at Roud Sulfur Mine.
- Pila Ku Monsters - Located at Pila Ku Jail.
- Manshaum - Located at Manshaum Forest.
- Fadus - Located at Loopy Tree Forest.
- Polly Monsters - Located at Polly's Forest.
- Forest Ronaros - Located at Tooth Fairy Forest.
- Tshira Monsters - Located at Tshira Ruins.
- Kagtum - Located at Blood Wolf Settlement.
- Sherekhan Phantoms - Located at Sherekhan Necropolis (Day).
- Protties - Located at Protty Cave.
- Sycraia Ancient Weapons - Located at Sycraia Upper Zone.
The first tier of Marni’s stones costs 60,000 silver and requires 250 kills to fill, while the second rank is priced at 110,000 silver, and requires 500 kills. You can carry multiple Marni’s Stones for the same type of creature, however, only one stone is credited with kills at a time. Once that stone has been filled, another stone in your inventory will begin to receive credit automatically.
If you wish to keep track of how many kills you still need to fill your stone, not only can you check the tooltip, but you can right click the stone and select Item Count. This will place an icon to the left of your minimap to track the current number of kills for that stone. Once the stone has been filled, right click the icon to make it disappear, and repeat the process with the new stone.
To help introduce you to Marni’s Stones, make sure you pick up the Marni Stone quest from your Black Spirit, which is only available once you have reached 57. Once you have reached level 62, you will not longer be able to use Marni’s Stones, so make sure to purchase your stones carefully.
* The contents of this wiki are subject to change depending on updates and content changes.