Knowledge is a point system based on information you obtain as you travel through Black Desert. You gain different types of knowledge by hunting, exploration, questing, and conversing with NPCs.
- List of all Knowledge categories and how many you've unlocked.
- Visual indication of a field of knowledge (and what percent you've learned of it).
Types of Knowledge
- NPC - Obtained via conversations, interest and quest reward.
- Ecology - Acquired by hunting monsters.
- Study - Certain NPCs will let you spend energy to gain new knowledge.
Friendliness affects how easily a NPC will converse with you. You can increase your friendliness by greeting the NPC as you approach them as well as through Story Exchange. Greeting a NPC will cost three energy.
When speaking to an NPC you will have an option to begin a story exchange. This will bring up a new interface that shows the NPCs constellation. You will then have the option to select information about other NPCs you have met and share stories about them. If you succeed in your conversation you will be awarded with additional intimacy. After a successful story exchange you will be given an option to have a second conversation for even greater rewards, but should you fail you will receive no rewards.