Bosses consumed by the Black Spirit are appearing from the Dark Rifts throughout the world!
- The difficulty level of these boss monsters depend on the Monster Zone they appear in.
- These bosses have a certain chance to appear when you approach the Monster Zone. If they are not discovered for more than an hour, they will be displayed on the World Map (M).
- The bosses only appear to specific adventurers, therefore they can only be seen by the designated adventurer (other adventurers cannot attack your boss monster).
- During combat with one of the bosses other adventurers cannot attack you.
- You can obtain accessories through the boxes dropped by these bosses.
- No penalties will be applied for getting killed by these bosses.
- The bosses from the Dark Rifts do not naturally die or despawn.
- There will be a maximum of 10 bosses spawned from the Dark Rifts. You need to defeat the previous one in order to have a new boss spawn from a Dark Rift.
- However, penalties will apply when you are killed by a regular monster nearby. So be careful!
- These bosses will not disappear when you switch characters, change servers, or log out.
- You cannot attack these bosses during a Node War/Conquest War. When they appear, if you want to engage them in combat you must move to another server where a Node War/Conquest War is not in progress.
- You will need to complete the newly added quest [Awakening Complete] Memories of the Past quest to unlock the appearance of Dark Rifts.
- You need to have completed the Awakening Quest of your class to obtain the [Awakening Complete] Memories of the Past from the Black Spirit.
Adventurers that have completed the prerequisite quests can encounter bosses from the Dark Rifts.
The Dark Rifts, and the bosses from them have one thing in common: they both can only be seen by “You”. Therefore, these bosses must be defeated alone.
Once defeated they'll be forced back into the rift and you will receive a box with accessories, among other items.
However, the difficulty level of each boss varies based on which Monster Zone it appears in, so exercise caution when attacking one.
▲ Giath appearing from the Dark Rift. Their appearance and combat-style isn’t any different from usual.
There is a newly-added prerequisite quest, [Awakening Complete] Memories of the Past, that needs to be completed to unlock the appearance of Dark Rifts.
You need to have completed the Awakening Quest of your class to obtain the [Awakening Complete] Memories of the Past quest from the Black Spirit.
Whenever a Dark Rift appears, a large notification message will appear on the upper-center of the game window, then a message and a mark will also appear on the lower-right UI of your game screen as well.
If you do not know the location of the Dark Rift after receiving this message, please check the World Map (M).
▲ As shown above, a large notification message will appear alongside a separate smaller one on the bottom-right corner.
▲ World Map (M) mark. Clicking on the Dark Rift mark will guide you to the appearance area. Keep in mind, only “You” can see it.
When you are in combat with a boss, other Adventurers cannot see or attack “You”. (Summons and Pets included)
If a boss does appear, they can only see and attack “You”. So if you’re not ready, you can take time to make your preparations before attacking.
So don’t worry about interruptions and please just enjoy the intense combat between you and the boss.
Additionally, remember that there is no death penalty for dying against a boss that spawns from the Dark Rift. You can challenge them freely!
※ The bosses from the Dark Rift do not naturally die or despawn.
※ There will be a maximum of 12 world bosses from the Dark Rift spawned. You need to defeat the previous one in order to have a new world boss from the Dark Rift spawn.
※ Bosses cannot be attacked during Conquest/Node War, so please move to a server without a Conquest/Node War in-progress to engage in a boss combat.
You can obtain two new different items from looting a boss: Box of the Dead and Dark Spirit’s Greed.
There are three types of Box of the Dead: Box of the Desperate Dead, Box of the Distorted Dead, and Box of the Silent Dead, and they all contain various accessories.
The Dark Spirit’s Greed can be collected and exchanged for other items.
▲ Make sure to loot the boss monsters you’ve defeated!
Based on the difficulty, you can obtain a Box of the Silent/Distorted/Desperate Dead. The items that can be obtained from each type of the Box of the Dead are shown below.
▲ If you obtain a Box of the Dead, test your luck by opening it.
Dark Spirit's Greed
Depending on the number of Dark Spirit’s Greed, you can exchange them with a NPC for various items.
Exchange Dark Spirit’s Greed for items with the following NPCs.
* The contents of this wiki are subject to change depending on updates and content changes.