Courser & Dream Horse
The title ‘Courser’ is given to a horse that has acquired certain skills such as Charge, Drift that are differently required depending on the Tier of the horse.
When a horse becomes a Courser, its price value will increase by 20% compared to a normal horse at the breeding market / horse market / and for Imperial Horse Delivery.
Not only that, if you obtain a foal from two Coursers, it will be born with two natural skills. If only one of the horse is a Courser, a foal will be born with maximum of two skills by chance.
▲ Unlike normal horses, a gold icon will appear for the horses who became coursers after learning certain skills that are required for each tier.
For a Tier 8 Courser, there are even more benefits.
Once a Tier 8 Courser reaches level 30, take it to Stonetail Horse Ranch in Mediah and meet NPC Gula to proceed with training the Courser.
A courser that has completed training can become a ‘Dream Horse’ with special skills after awakening.
|Tier||Skills (qualified as a Courser when the horse has all skills listed)|
|5-6||Charge, Drift, Sprint|
|7||Charge, Drift, Sprint, Instant Accel, Side Step|
|8||Charge, Drift, Sprint, Instant Accel, Side Step, S: Instant Accel, S: Side Step|
Awaken a Courser into a Dream Horse
Getting a Tier 8 courser is just the beginning to making a Dream Horse.
So, what is a Dream Horse? Arduanatt, Diné and Doom are the three children of Krogdalo, the legendary horse that came down from the heavens together with the Goddess Sylvia.
The 3 dream horses are faster, have better acceleration, turning, and brakes compared to a Tier 8 horse.
- Arduanatt can glide through the air with its large wings and move at an incredibly fast speed.
- Diné can use its magical horn to give temporary buffs to allies, has a greater defense, and an innate resistance to desert ailments such as heatstroke and hypothermia.
- Doom is the most attack oriented dream horse. Causes AoE damage around it and can have the two-seater skill.
Awakening a Courser to a Dream Horse takes a lot of time and effort. You need to train the Courser well enough for it to be ready for the awakening.
Dream Horse Skills
All T9 horses can learn the following exclusive skills:
- Courser's Spirit - the horse regenerates its HP and stamina when it's parked.
- Double Jump - jumps mid-air one time. (Available after learning High Jump/Jump Sequence)
- S: Charge - the horse can use Charge twice, consecutively.
With its huge white wings, Arduanatt can glide down from high altitudes without taking any fall damage.
Arduanatt can learn the following exclusive skills:
- Wings of the Wind - reduces fall damage by 100% when Arduanatt uses Double Jump.
- Wings of Freedom - allows Arduanatt to turn sideways while using Wings of the Wind.
Dream Horse Diné is born with Courser’s Spirit, Double Jump, and Earth of Life. It may learn other skills while growing.
The below skills are exclusive to Diné:
- Earth of Life - recovers your HP and MP/WP/SP. Also recovers your allies's HP and MP/WP/SP.
- Earth of Protection - Increases DP (defense) and evasion for yourself and your allies.
Doom performs the strongest attacks among the currently available Dream Horses.
At Lv.1, Doom will already know Courser's Spirit, Double Jump, and Dark Flame Step. There is a certain chance that it has already learned Dark Sprint.
The below skills are exclusive to Diné:
- Dark Flame Steps - inflicts Flame Damage to nearby enemies.
- Dark Sprint - speed through enemies in a blaze while inflicting damage to those nearby.
- Instant Accel and S: Instant Accel have to be learned to use this skill, as Dark Sprint allows you to speed up once more while performing S: Instant Accel.
- If Dark Sprint is learned, Doom can also inflict damage while using S: Instant Accel.
- Two-seater - Doom is the only Dream Horse that can learn the skill Two-seater.
In order to get a Dream Horse, you will need to train a Level 30 T8 Courser. You can train and awaken the horse with Gula at Stonetail Horse Ranch and with Melabee at Grána. Put the horse in the stable and choose the Courser Training option in the stable menu. You can train your horse in the following areas:
- Skill (requires Rainbow Gem Fruit or Stonetail Fodder)
- Elegance (requires Breezy Shell Seaweed or Barbaric Beast’s Neidan)
- Strenth (requires Deep Blue Hoof Root or Breath of Forest)
You can obtain the items needed for Training in the following ways:
- Deep Blue Hoof Root - Gathering. Courser Strength Training +1%.
- Pure Forest Breath - Loot from monsters. Courser Strength Training +1%.
- Rainbow Gem Fruit - Exchange 10 Shiny Golden Seal - [Imperial Delivery] from Shamhain at Stonetail Horse Ranch. Courser Skill Training +1%.
- Stonetail Fodder - Simple Cooking with Farming byproducts. Courser Skill Training +1%.
- Breezy Conch Seaweed - Fishing. Courser Elegance Training +1%.
- Spirit Pouch of Ferocious Beast - Hunting (Blue Whale and Fugitive Khalk). Courser Elegance Training +1%.
- You can also obtain the above items through a daily quest given by Shamhain where you have to tame a wild horse. Alternatively, you can buy them on the Central Market.
You can train each area up to 180%, and when you build up more than 200% training exp overall, you can try to awaken the horse.
You can focus on three areas of Courser Training (Skill, Elegance, and Strength) to increase the chance of obtaining a Dream Horse of your choice. This way, the chance of obtaining a certain type of Dream horse can be raised up to 90%. Arduanatt focuses on Skill, Diné on Elegance, and Doom on Strength.
▲ You can train and Awaken your horse with Gula at Stonetail Horse Ranch.
▲ Make sure the horse isn't equipped with any gears before you train the horse.
▲ This is the Courser Training window. You need to train the courser’s Skill, Elegance, and Strength to add up to 200%.
▲ You can obtain the training materials through a daily quest given by Shamhain.
In order to awaken your horse, you will need one Krogdalo’s Origin Stone, which can be obtained by Simple Alchemy. You will need to use 25 Swaying Wind Shards and 25 Rumbling Earth Shards (can be obtained by exchanging either Shiny Golden Seal - Imperial Training or Horse Race Seals) together in Simple Alchemy. You can also get the Shards by completing Kamasylvia quests.
Alternatively, you can buy Krogdalo’s Origin Stone on the Central Market. You’ll consume 1 ‘Krogdalo's Origin Stone’ for every attempt you take, no matter the outcome.
Unfortunately, there is a chance that the Horse Awakening might fail. If the Awakening is successful, you will get a Lv. 1 Dream Horse. If not, you will lose all the Training exp that you’ve built up. Luckily, you do not lose any skills or other progress on your T8 Courser, just the Courser Training exp.
If you do not want to lose all the exp, you can use Cron Stones. 100 Cron Stones will reduce the loss of exp by 50%.
▲ 100 Cron Stones will reduce the loss of exp by 50%.
▲ You can buy Krogdalo’s Origin Stone on the Central Market.
* The contents of this wiki are subject to change depending on updates and content changes.