Featured within Black Desert is a host of different boss encounters, ranging from solo to group fights, and a few World Bosses that require the effort of a multitude of players to bring down.
Most bosses are easily identifiable by their immense size and glowing red eyes, along with signature moves that require extra coordination and a keen eye.
At the bottom of this page you can check the World Boss spawn schedule.
There are various types of bosses in the world of Black Desert Online:
- World Bosses: The toughest bosses with the best loot. They are not always available so you have to plan ahead for when they spawn. Exact location of the boss spawns can be seen from the World Map by pressing "M".
- See World Boss for more information on this kind of boss.
- Field Bosses: While not as big as the World Bosses, these also require a coordinated effort to bring down. They have a fixed spawn location that you can check with the map, but function with a timer schedule.
- See Field Boss for more information on this kind of boss.
- Summon Scrolls: These bosses are summoned via items that are provided to you from daily and weekly Black Spirit quests.
- Scroll Boss: Commonly known as Relic Scrolls, these are only accessible from scrolls created from items dropped by monsters that are region specific for each type of boss encounter.
- Dark Rifts: Once a character has Awakened, you can complete a quest to unlock the emergence of Dark Rifts. From these rifts some of the more well known bosses of the world of Black Desert will appear for you to fight them alone.
- See Dark Rift for more information on this feature.
- Rare Monsters: These are harder tier monsters than normal ones you frequently encounter, and as a result have a better loot table. You can see them in the minimap indicated by an asterisk. They attack player characters on sight regardless of their level, and drop better loot.
Some of the bosses you will encounter in the game are summoned via scrolls that you collect when adventuring.
In the case of the Black Spirit daily & weekly summon scrolls and the relic scroll bosses, please bear in mind the items used to create the scrolls typically require a specific shape to be formed inside your inventory in order to combine them into a scroll. Remember to uncheck the auto-arrange function of the inventory.
Utilizing these scrolls requires you to be in the correct area of the world to spawn the boss. Right clicking the scroll will generate a path in your map to the correct location.
In many instances you can enlist the help of a group to take down bosses, however in order to do so you must have the group formed prior to the summoning. This only applies to bosses that don't naturally spawn in the world, and require the use of an item to summon them.
The World Bosses are on a set schedule with some spawning multiple times a day!
Note: These times are subject to change in the future to better accommodate our adventurers
Updated on the 6th of November 2019.
* The contents of this wiki are subject to change depending on updates and content changes.