Black Spirit's Rage
One of the more unique combat features presented in Black Desert is Black Spirit's Rage. Automatically unlocked upon a player character reaching level 35, you'll notice an additional red bar appearing beneath your resource (MP, SP, WP, etc) bar. This is your Black Spirit's Rage meter which progressively loads up to 100% from being idle and normal combat (being hit and hitting opponents).
The Rage mechanic has 3 different combat boosting functions it can be deployed as:
- Rage Absorption): By pressing Z, it will use the rage at any percent (1-100%) to provide a buff specific to your class type with a higher percent resulting in a longer duration.
- Rage Transformation: By pressing X, and used only when grouping with other players, this function will transfer your rage to another adventurer under your targeting reticle to overcharge their rage. More information on this below.
- Skill Activation: Certain skills utilize the rage mechanic to power up their output. Each class has skills that consume 25%, 50%, 100% and 200% of the Black Spirit's Rage meter to unleash an overcharged version of said skill, giving it an extreme power up and usually a larger area of effect. This skills are indicated by a Black Spirit symbol in the bottom right of their icon, a red border around the icon and an additional information tab explaining its Black Spirit's Rage variant.
Normal operation of the rage mechanic falls within the parameters of 0 - 100% based off combat (hitting and being hit), and caps at 100% through solo combat. However should you or a friendly player decide to transfer rage (Pressing X) you can achieve an Overcharge effect of up to 200%.
The amount of overcharge gained per transfer is directly dependent on how much rage (up to a maximum of 100%) a player transfers to another.
- ▲ Transfer your rage to a group member to unlock new power ups.
This enables a person with 200% rage to activate an extremely powered up version of one of their skills. For example: The Meteor skill from the Wizard class, which when activated in this state will effect a much larger area and do significantly more damage, knock down, and a longer duration of the ability. Upon completion of the skill the rage bar will drain back to 0%.
Note: Remember that the Tungrad accessory series grant you additional Black Spirit's Rage capacity.
Black Spirit's Rage can be used to inflict an injury on enemies, which will prevent them from recovering HP as efficiently.
The severity of the injury inflicted is affected by the amount of Black Spirit's Rage and the skill damage.
Those injured with such Black Spirit's Rage skills will temporarily have their max HP decreased.
All classes will recover from their injury every 5 sec, by 10 HP.
Continuous damage and extra HP/MP damage will not cause additional injury.
If your character dies, it will no longer be injured when it revives.
An injured character will not recover when disconnected.
An injured character starts recovering after it is selected in the Character Selection screen.
The following chart show how much injury is inflicted per Black Spirit's Rage consumed.
* The contents of this wiki are subject to change depending on updates and content changes.