Black Desert has an expansive world which contains an impressive array of features such as cities, weather, farms, bandits, and much more. The world map is your primary tool for finding all these things and much more,
The map allows you to zoom in and out, change perspective, find friends, avoid enemies. Furthermore you purchase houses, set workers to task, check the auction house and find quests through the world map.
- 1 World Map Information
- 2 World Map Menu
- 3 World Map Features
World Map Information
Rogue Icons mark the location of bandits who will assault you as you move trade packs, be careful as you cannot fight while you carry a trade pack on your person.
Regions and Cities
When you view the world map you will be able to mouse over areas and cities. Clicking on cities will take you into a more in depth view and allow you to more clearly see the NPCs available.
You will be able to not only see your characters location but the location of wagons and ships moving goods across the world.
Areas and NPCs you have yet to discover will have faded out icons, and should you go to that area and speak with the NPCs and/or explore the region you will discover new information.
Rain is displayed in real time on the map.
Each region has an icon on the map that displays the current ruler, their taxes, and their guild emblem.
Fish markers note areas where you can find specific fish.
World Map Menu
World Map information:
World Map Features
- When you set a destination on the map your suggest route will be highlighted, you can even auto-path to the destination with the T key.
- Click on a node to invest in it, if the node is not linked you will be able to see the connecting nodes.
- If you have already invested in a node, you can click on the node and opt to withdraw your investment to regain your contribution.
- Clicking on a city will allow you to see the bank, from this menu you can hire a carriage or ship to transport your possessions to a new location.
- When you click on a city you will be able to see the available houses and purchase them if you have the necessary contribution.
- Once you have purchased a property you can later select the property and set it to a new purpose, for example you can take worker housing and re-purpose it to additional bank slots.
- Some houses allow you to create items, armors and more. From the map you can select the production property and begin the crafting process. Please note that the materials must bin in your bank and you must have a worker available.
- From the world map you can send your workers to a node to preform simple tasks, such as sending them to harvest materials.
Citadels and Command Posts
- When examining a node on the world map you will be able to see which guild has claimed it, this is displayed on the left side of your screen when you are viewing the node.