Chat windows within Black Desert are your main source of communication and general interaction with anything related to Dialog options. Most players will be very familiar with the typical chat window (default "Enter") functionality seen in many other games.
One of the features provided that may not be so familiar is the ability to create chat macros (The "M" to the right of the chat bar, and an emote menu "S").
- Gear Icon
- Click the gear icon in the chat window to access a variety of chat settings.
- Plus Symbol
- Clicking the plus icon within the chat window (near the top) will give you the option to create an additional chat tab.
- Notice Message
- Messages from the server or in game GM's.
- World Message
- Messages broadcasted to all players within a channel, which can be achieved by typing a " /y " prior to entering a message.
- Say Message
- Messages viewable only by players within a short proximity to you.
- Whisper Message
- Private messages sent to you via other players, which can be achieved by typing " /w " and then entering a name and message.
- System Message
- Error messages and other critical information.
- Party Message
- Chat that is sent to any one within your party, which can be done by typing " /p " prior to your message.
- Guild Message
- Chat that is only visible to those who belong to your guild, done by typing " /g " prior to entering a message.
Emotes & Macros
You can preform a variety of emotes through the emote window. To see the emotes in game hit Enter then click the S button.
You can even put Emotes in your chat macros through the macro menu. To check out the macro system hit enter and click the M button.