• Family Name
Your family name is a unique name chosen for all of your characters, on a specific server. It is displayed above every character you create, and once set, it can only be changed via the pearl shop.
- Please note that the family name is chosen before character creation, after a server is selected.
During the character creation process you will select a Horoscope sign. Your Horoscope effects NPC interactions, and rate of amity gain.
- There is some speculation as to whether or not your zodiac sign also affects hidden attributes such as luck or enchanting.
Tendency is the system that controls open world player killing. You are able to enter Player Kill mode, or Flag, for open world PvP, attack and kill other players that are above the minimum level required for open world combat.
Killing players who you have Flagged on will result in a loss of Tendency. Once your Tendency is low enough, that specific character will enter "Outlaw" status. "Outlaw" status allows other players to attack and kill you freely, as well as NPC guards. If a character is killed while in "Outlaw" status, there is a risk of experience loss, destruction of crystals and a chance for even more punishing effects.
Tendency can be restored by killing monsters. This Tendency system is extremely punishing for players, but is designed to minimise the amount of griefing any single individual can do to another player.
Energy is a special form of action points, which are consumed during activities such as mining, skinning, processing, and cooking. Your Energy will regenerate over time, with the regeneration rate increased while you rest in your bed. You can increase your Energy by gathering knowledge. Knowledge can be gathered by killing monsters, crafting, gathering, discovering new areas, and meeting NPC’s.
Contribution is a crucial point system that has three uses: Housing, Item Rental, and Node Connection. You gain contribution primarily through questing, but it can also be gained via item turn in. Contribution is not a renewable resource like Energy; it does not regenerate over time. Contribution is invested to gain access to a resource, such as a Node, and later, it can be withdrawn. When you withdraw your contribution, all of the points invested in that specific resource are returned.
Levels serve to measure your progression and give an indication to your strength. As you level, you will receive skill points, carry weight, and vitality, along with resistances.
The level difference between a monster and player can be identified by the color of the monster’s name. While killing low level monsters will have diminished rewards, higher level monsters will yield greater experience.
As you health levels you will gain health points, increasing the amount of damage you can take.
Over time, any lost health points will regenerate, but you can restore health quickly with potions and certain abilities.
When your health is reduced to zero your character will be knocked unconscious. Once unconscious, you are allowed to revive on the spot with a special item, or you can opt to return to the nearest node or town.
• Skill Resource
Every class has a skill resource such as MP, or SP. This skill resource is required to use all of the skills on any class, except the default Left Mouse Button Attack. The principle for the skill resource is that the more powerful the skill, the more skill resource it will require. Skill resources can be regained in the following ways:
- Regeneration over time - At a slow rate.
- Auto Attacking with the Left Mouse Button.
- Specific Class skills, which restore skill resources.
- Use of Potions
Weight is used to determine the maximum amount of items, equipment and currency your character can carry at any given time without becoming over burdened. All in game items have an associated weight, including Silver and any gear you have equipped. While you are capable of carrying more than 100% of your maximum weight limit, you will become slower the further above the limit you go.
101% - 125% will slow you slightly.
126% - 150% will slow you drastically and jumping will be disabled.
Weight may also be increased through in-game means, such as strength training.
• Stun Gauge
Higher values will increase the length of your stun gauge, when your stun gauge is expended you will be stunned.
The higher the value, the more damage your attacks deal.
The higher the value, the less damage you receive.
Stamina is the resource you use for dodging, blocking and sprinting.
Enhancements are special traits that apply to your character. These can be modified with gems, armor, weapons, jewelry, costumes and consumables.
- Attack Speed - Decreases the length of attack animations.
- Casting Speed - Decreases the length of casting animations.
- Movement Speed - Increased movement speed.
- Critical Hit Rate - Increases the chance of critical attacks.
- Fishing Ability - Reduces fishing time.
- Gathering Ability - Reduces gathering time.
- Luck - Increases rare item drop.
- Breath: Breath increases stamina, which is used to evade, typically by double tapping a W A S D, or sprint. As your stamina increases you will be able to evade, sprint, and block more. Some skills also require stamina to use.
- Strength: Strength increases the amount of weight you can carry. Walking with trade packs will help level your strength.
- Health: Eating well will gradually increase your health, resulting in higher HP.
Increasing your resistances, via gear and gems, reduces the chance that you will be affected by status effects such as stun, stagger, or knockdown, in combat.
- Stun/Stiffness/Freeze - Frozen or stunned in place.
- Knockdown/Bound - Knocked on the ground.
- Grapple - Grabbed by another character to be lifted, or carried.
- Knockback/Floating - Thrown into the air.
Life refers to crafting skills, which can be leveled by performing the tasks associated with that craft. Leveling the skill increases the chance for more yield, rare items, and allows a player to use better tools, or materials. There are costumes associated with each Life Skill that provide bonuses for that particular craft, either by increasing crafting exp gain, or decreasing crafting time.
- Lumbering: Lumbering is the process by which you can acquire raw items, such as lumber, stone, and herbs. Each type of resource requires a specific tool to be gathered, for example, you must have an axe to gather lumber from trees.
- Processing: Processing is how you convert raw materials into various levels of crafting material, such as grinding potatoes into flour.
- Cook: Cooking produces consumables that provide buffs, heal pets, and feed workers. You will need a cooking utensil, which has to be placed in your house. Cooking consumes the durability of your cooking utensil, and once it reaches zero, it will have to be replaced.
- Training: Training allows you to capture wild horses. You level this skill by riding mounts
- Alchemy: Alchemy is used to create potions for powerful but short duration buffs, as well as advanced crafting components for armor, weapons and jewelry, and advanced gems. It requires you to place an Alchemy Tool in your house, which loses durability as you craft. Like the Cooking Utensil, once it reaches zero, it will need to be replaced.
- Fishing: Fish can be dried, and used in cooking recipes, converted into trade packs, or directly sold to Trade Managers. You can also trade fish to Fish Vendors for tokens, which can be used to purchase bait. Bait increases your chances to catch rare fish, as well as decreasing fishing time
- Hunting: Hunters use rifles to kill specific animals, which they then skin for crafting resources. While their targets are initially small, such as birds, once they have leveled their hunting, they can engage whales, which grant higher value materials.
- Trade: Traders take packs from city to city, either on their person or with the help of a mount or wagon. Carrying the packs on your person is an excellent way to level your strength, however, even carrying one trade pack will cause your character to be encumbered and move slowly.
- Farming: Players can rent gardens, and place them in specific areas around towns, in order to grown plants that are not available for workers to gather, or are rarely found in the wild. They level their farming by pruning and tending to their crops, and can harvest seeds and produce, once the plants have finished their growth cycles.
Your journal tracks various milestones in your adventuring. These events are broken down into categories, and will update automatically.
The task tab displays achievements, separated into categories. Every time you complete the prerequisite for an achievement, it is recorded on the completed tab. You can select your reward via this tab, and it records and previously completed achievements, along with the rewards for those achievements. Additionally you can check the other tabs to see what achievements you still have yet to unlock.
The title menu shows your collection of titles from quests, monsters, crafts and other forms of game play. As you acquire these titles, they will unlock small bonuses for your characters, such as exp gain and luck increase. You can also use this menu to choose a display title, which will be displayed to all players who see your character.